Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Getting Settled...

Wow, what a start of term! I'm finally here, and getting settled in. As promised, Mum took me to Diagon Alley on Sunday to get all my supplies for school. She even let me stop by Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes for some mischief making supplies.

I also got my new wand. Mr. Ollivander told me all about it:


Wood type: olive
Length: 14 inches
Core: Phoenix Feather

get your own wand!


Olive wands tend to choose the witch or wizard who possess above average intelligence, not to mention often an overactive imagination. Olive wands are also a favorite of healers and are especially good not only for healing but also for protective spells. Many believe the bearers of Olive wands to be good at decision making - but this is not necessarily so. The owner of an olive wand may be decisive but that does not mean their decisions are the right ones. On the other side of the coin they may be so busy worrying about what is right that they are unable to ever reach a conclusion.

The Phoenix Feather comes from the tail feathers of a Phoenix, and is especially good with fire or defensive magic, as well as healing magic. This may be due largely to the healing properties Phoenixes have.

No comments: